Friday, June 02, 2006

School's out

So being a youth pastor means my life is greatly affected by student's lifes. And this week is the week of all weeks for every student. This is the week that school let out. My life will take a very busy turn now for the next 2 months. I'm not complaining...yet... I am really thankful to get to do this. Today was the last day for students who go to CCS (the christian school associated with my church) and a couple of kids came by to say goodbye. The funny thing is that I didn't even have that great of a relationship with them. Yesterday, was wonderful though. I went out to lunch with 4 of the guys that I have spent the most time with over the past year. They are a fun loving group of guys who I am going to miss having around. They will all be moving up into the high school part of our ministry. I know that they won't be gone from the face of the earth but it won't quite be the same without them. They were my first group of kids from when we started working here and there is always something special about that first group at a new place. So for the next few weeks I am going to really try and enjoy their company, before it's gone.

No comments: